7/11 Update

Well It has been one month now since I started this blog experiment and I really don’t have much to show for my efforts yet. This blog (infobrink.com) is as of yet the only source of income I am tracking and I made $0.00 last month (however I did end up attracting a zillion spam bots). This comes as no surprise to me as I have not yet placed any advertizing on the site (I am waiting for it to get a reasonable amount of traffic before I mess with that).

I have been spending a lot of time on my first HTML5 game I want to release and try to monetize. I am a little disappointed that this is taking me so long to finish it, but it is almost done. I think in my original concept for the game was too complicated/ambitious and was going to take me way to long to finish, so I ended up deciding to “simplify” the game so that it was easier/faster to write the code. I think this was a good move and I need to be more careful in the future and take into consideration how long it will take me to code a game when I am in the design phase.

All in all I would guess so far I have spent around 250 hours programing the game (I started the game long before I started this blog). I know a veteran programer could likely do the same thing in a fraction of the time, but hey…It was my first game and I had lots to learn. I just hope that all this time I have invested will actually convert into some extra cash…I guess we will see.